From: Madden, Craig [mailto:CMadden@fresno.ca.gov]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2000 12:14 PM
To: 'mike@gesn.com'
Subject: Fresno county modem test

Mike,
I tried the test with two different memory cards/precincts. On second
attempt I waited a minute after turning the unit off and then tried again.
The Accuvote message is UNEXPECTED PACKT. After third attempt the Accuvote
says REQUESTING COMMUNICATION but the modem had already hung up.
Thanks for your help.
Talk to you soon.
Craig

>From Darren
On subsequent attempts by the Accuvote to connect to the server we see the
"OH" light on the modems turn on and we can hear it trying to connect, but
the CD light never does.  It's like the call gets interrupted by the server
within about 5 seconds after the modem begins trying to connect with the
Accuvote's.  We closed the Accuvote Server software on the server and loaded
only Hyperterminal on COM3 on the server.  The Accuvote systems were able to
dial in and connect to the modem and we'd see data coming accross the
Hyperterminal screen along with the "carrier detect" light on the modem.  We
had the Accuvote systems call back several more times and they had no
trouble re-connecting.  This is without typing anymore AT commands in
hypertermal and not changing any other settings.