Re: Creating floppies for TS

Do you have to select anything on the touch screen for each download?  If you do, I'd guess you'd have to position each of the units sideways to have access to the touchscreen, and the printer (for labels), and the floppy drive (behind rear door).

Has anybody had experience with this in the field?  Is it manageable or a bear?  How many can you set up (practically)?

Ian

I would expect it to be much the same with the AVTS and floppies except that the time to download is trivial over Ethernet but it takes significant time (about a minute???) to write a floppy disk.  Thus with a single machine a person would mostly be waiting for the floppy to write and the label to print.  May as well keep the person busy with several machines downloading in parallel rather than waiting for the one floppy drive on the GEMS host.  Again with GEMS, you set up the download queue and then just keep the download machines busy so you don't need an operator on the host.    Guy