From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Friday, July 09, 1999 4:42 PM
To: Global Support
Subject: RE: AccuVote-TS Modem Speed

What ratio are you guys using?

 can we up our normal 10 to 1 ratio of telephone lines to polling places?

Sorry I missed the 10-1 ratio comment.  Is that the same ratio that we have always used from the VTS days?  VTS used to hold the line open while results posted to the database, while GEMS closes the connection once the results are received but before they are posted.  We had talked back when GEMS was released to Jefferson (our largest account at the time) about increasing the ratio.  Probably the best thing to do would be to contact Pima and Jefferson and see what kind busy signals they are getting with their current ratios.

This has to do with changes to GEMS vs VTS though, not modem speed.

Ken