Grading and Policies
Grading will be based on class participation, assignments, a midterm, and a final project/exam. The assignments are worth 30% of the final grade, midterm exam is worth 30% of the final grade, final project/exam is worth 30% of the final grade, and class participation is worth 10% of the final grade.
- There will be a problem set about every three weeks.
- Unless stated otherwise, all homeworks must be either typed, preferably in LaTeX, or legible if it’s paper copy.
- All homeworks are due at the beginning of class.
- Late submission policy :
- Upto 24 hours : penalty of 10%
- 24–48 hours : penalty of 25%
- Beyond 48 hours : solutions will be released and no more submissions are accepted.
- In case of a health-related emergency or other personal issues when you cannot submit homeworks on time, feel free to talk to us and we will work something out.
Collaborating and Cheating
- There is a difference between collaborating and cheating to do your homeworks.
- Working with others on the assignments does not mean dividing the problems among you, and then swapping answers.
- You are welcome to confer with other students and use information available on the internet for your homeworks, as long as the sources are properly cited. Do not copy the sentences/paragraphs word-to-word from the sources. You must show us that you understand the problem and solution.
- Solutions must be prepared individually.
- A similarity between solutions of two students beyond a reasonable doubt will earn both students a zero. A disciplinary action may also be taken against such students.