I am a software engineer at Google working on Street View. Previously, I was a research scientist at FX Palo Alto Laboratory.
I received my Ph.D. degree in 2011
from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University.
My advisor was Dr. Takeo Kanade
and I also worked closely with Dr. Martial Hebert.
I worked on Computer Vision with particular focus on 3D
interpretation of an environment from a single image. I completed my undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). I was at Microsoft Research Silicon Valley as an intern in 2009.
|David C. Lee
Email: dclee -at- cs -dot- cmu -dot- edu
- David C. Lee, Abhinav Gupta, Martial Hebert, and Takeo Kanade. "Estimating Spatial Layout of Rooms using Volumetric Reasoning about Objects and Surfaces." Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 24 (NIPS) 2010. [pdf]
- David C. Lee, Qifa Ke, and Michael Isard. "Partition Min-hash for Partial Duplicate Image Discovery." 11th European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV) 2010. [pdf]
- David C. Lee, Martial Hebert, and Takeo Kanade. "Geometric Reasoning for Single Image Structure Recovery." IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2009. [pdf]
- David C. Lee. "Continuous Speech Recognition using Modified Stack Decoding Algorithm", Proceedings of the Twentieth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) Student Abstract, July 2005, pp. 1614-1615.
- David C. Lee, and Takeo Kanade. "Boosted Classifier for Car Detection." 2007 [report]
- David C. Lee, and Nik Melchior. "Linear Combination of Simple Classifiers for the PASCAL Challenge." 2006 [report]