Broadly, I'm interested in the applications of language technologies in the classroom. Currently, I'm developing conversational facilitator-agents for collaborative learning and teacher training, building on our Bazaar agent architecture, and investigating social phenomena and learning in online (and physical classroom) discussion.
contains a complete list)
- Mayfield, E., Adamson, D., & Rosé, C. P. (2013). Recognizing Rare Social Phenomena in Conversation: Empowerment Detection in Support Group Chatrooms. Proceedings of the 51st Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, pages 104–113.
- Adamson, D., & Rosé, C. P. (2013). Academically Productive Talk: One Size Does Not Fit All. Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Intelligent Support for Learning in Groups
- Adamson, D., Bhartiya, D., Gujral, B., Kedia, R., Singh, A., & Rosé, C. P. (2013). Automatically Generating Discussion Questions. In Artificial Intelligence in Education (pp. 81-90). Springer Berlin Heidelberg. Slides
- Adamson, D., Ashe, C., Jang, H., Yaron, D., & Rosé, C. Intensification of Group Knowledge Exchange with Academically Productive Talk Agents. (2013). Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning, Madison Wisconsin, July 2013.
- Clarke, S., Chen, G., Stainton, C., Katz, S., Greeno, J.G., Resnick, L.B., Howley, I., Adamson, D. and Rosé, C.P. (2013) The Impact of CSCL Beyond the Online Environment. Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning, Madison Wisconsin, July 2013.
- Adamson, D. & Rosé, C. Coordinating Multi-dimensional Support in Collaborative Conversational Agents Intelligent Tutoring Systems, 2012. Slides
- Dyke, G., Adamson, D., Howley, I., Rosé, C. Towards Academically Productive Talk Supported by Conversational Agents. Intelligent Tutoring Systems, 2012.
- Howley, I., Adamson, D., Dyke, G., Mayfield, E., Beuth, J. & Rosé, C. Group Composition and Intelligent Dialogue Tutors for Impacting Students' Academic Self-efficacy. Intelligent Tutoring Systems, 2012.
- Dyke, G. Adamson, D., Howley, I., Rosé, C. Enhancing Scientific Reasoning and Explanation Skills with Conversational Agents (submitted)
- Gianfortoni, P., Adamson, D., Rosé, C.Modeling of stylistic variation in social media with stretchy patterns
- more (Google Scholar)
I contribute heavily to the open-source LightSide research workbench for text analysis and machine learning, and served as the lead developer for Ludo Mechanica's Hability platform.
I've designed SMS-powered pervasive games for Obscure Games Pittsburgh and Brightwork Labs. I maintain Samosa an open-source messaging framework.
Some old pet projects:
- Mandelvox, exploring paths and chords in the Mandelbrot Set
- Loopback, a network multiplayer Pong-type game on a circular track. Also exists as an Android application!
- a Subnet Calculator and visualizer (with a Hilbert mapping of the address space!)
- DragonDrop, a lightweight pop-up file browser for Mac OS X
I enjoy meadmaking, contra dancing, couch surfing, game development, cooking, hiking, biking, and viking.