An optional LaTeX template for homeworks.
Use the Autolab site for this course to submit your homeworks. You should be able to log in with your andrew ID
- Homework #0 - Due 11:59pm Tuesday - fill out this survey.
- Homework #1 - Minimum Spanning Trees - Due 9:30pm Monday, Jan 28
- You can assume all costs / bandwidths are distinct for all problems.
- For problems asking for an algorithm: describe the algorithm, an argument why it is correct, and an estimation of how fast it will run. For this assignment, your argument about run times need not be sophisticated: just argue that it will be practical.
- Due to a copy&paste error, the deadline for the homework was posted as 9:30PM above. Therefore, we will accept homeworks until that time without penality (i.e. the deadline for HW1 is 9:30PM Monday).
- Homework #2 - Asymptotic Analysis - Due 9:30AM Monday, Feb. 4
- Homework #3 - Graph Traversals - Due 9:30am Wednesday, Feb. 13
- In problem 5, n is the number of nodes in the graph.
- Homework #4 - Shortest Paths - Due 9:30am, Friday Feb. 22
- Homework #5 - A* and Traveling Salesman - Due 9:30am, Monday Mar. 18
- Homework #6 - Divide and Conquer - Due 9:30am, Friday Mar. 29
- In problem 2, the order of the items is given and fixed.
- Homework #7 - Dynamic Programming - Due 9:30am, Wednesday, Apr. 10
- In problem 1 and 2, you can assume all the numbers are integers
- In the original problem 4, there was a mistake. The goal has now been changed to finding the maximum sum of the probabilities. See updated PDF above.
- Homework #8 - Network Flow - Due 9:30am, Wednesday, Apr. 24
- In problem 3: there should have been an additional requirement that no device can serve as the backup for more than b other devices. (The PDF above is fixed)
- Homework #9 - NP-completeness- Due 5pm, Wednesday, May 1