- Unstructured Decimation of Tessellated Domains
- This is a generalization of decimation to higher dimensions (i.e.,
multiresolution stuff from Nick Torkos.
- This is basically the Schroeder et al. decimation
algorithm, with more focus on constructing a multiresolution model
during the decimation process.
- Mesh reduction
- from the Shastra project at Purdue.
- Wavelets for Computer Graphics
- Various information and papers on using wavelets in computer graphics.
- UNC Simplification Group
- Another page of links to simplification-related information.
- Geometric Modeling Group at the University of Genova
- This is primarily terrain-related modeling work, with some volume
modeling thrown in.
- Visual Computing Group at CNR-Pisa
- This is an actual large-scale virtual world. Just the sort of
area where multiresolution models and model simplification would be
most useful. They've done some work along these lines.
[Table of Contents]
Last modified: Tue Mar 11 14:49:06 EST 1997