- Feb. 20: Lab 4 is available on
It is due Wed., March 5.
- Feb. 14: There will be NO lecture on Thurs., Feb. 21, since many students
will be wanting to see the presentation by
- Feb. 14: Exam #1 has been scheduled for Tuesday evening, Feb. 26.
More information is at the exam page. There WILL be a lecture at the normal class time on Nov. 26.
- Feb. 12: Lab 3 is available on
It is due Wed., Feb. 20.
- Jan. 29: Lab 2 is available on
It is due Tues., Feb. 12. We have prepared a set of
Frequently Asked Questions for this lab.
- Jan. 17: Note the following issues for next week:
- Monday, Jan. 21. No recitations (MLK Day)
- Tuesday, Jan. 22. Lecture will cover Machine-level Programming I.
- Thursday, Jan. 24. Lecture will cover the rest of the material about integers, and floating-point arithmetic
- Jan. 16: Lab 1 is available right now. Here is a description of the lab. You'll find instructions on setting up your autolab account. After this, you will access all lab information via autolab.
- Prof. Randal E. Bryant,
Randy.Bryant@cs.cmu.edu, NSH 4305, x8-8821.
- Office hours: Fri., 3:00-4:00
- Prof. David A. Eckhardt,
firstname.lastname@example.org, WeH 3503, x8-6720
- Office hours: Monday 15:30-16:30; Wednesday 16:30-17:30; Friday 15:30-16:30, or by appointment.
The first Wednesday of each month I will be late due to a faculty meeting.
- Tessa Eng,
- Section A, Mondays 10:30am-11:20pm, DH 1211
- Office hours: Sundays 4:00pm-5:00pm, WeH Cluster
- Owen Yamauchi,
- Section B, Mondays 11:30am-12:20pm, DH 1211
- Office hours: Wednesdays 5:30pm-6:30pm, WeH 3108
- Nate Bauernfeind,
- Section C, Mondays 12:30pm-1:20pm, DH 1211
- Office hours: Wednesdays 4:30pm-5:30pm, WeH 3108
- Brett Simmers,
- Section D, Mondays 1:30pm-2:20pm, BH 237B
- Office hours: Mondays 4:00pm-5:20pm, WeH 3108
- Austin McKinley,
- Section E, Mondays 2:30pm-3:20pm, PH A22
- Office hours: Tuesdays 5:00pm-6:00pm, WeH 3108
- Lawrence Tan,
- Section F, Mondays 9:30am-10:20am, PH 226C
- Office hours: Wednesdays 3:30pm-4:30pm, WeH 3108
- Pratyusa Manadhata,
- Section G, Mondays 11:30am-12:20pm, PH A22
- Office hours: Tuesdays 4:00pm-5:00pm, WeH 3108
- Allison Naaktgeboren,
- Section H, Mondays 1:30pm-2:20pm, PH A21
- Office hours: Sundays 3:00pm-4:00pm, WeH Cluster
- Course assistants
- Cindy Chemsak, NSH 4303, x8-7884, email@example.com
- Randal E. Bryant and David R. O'Hallaron,
Computer Systems: A Programmer's
Perspective, Prentice Hall, 2003.
- Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie,
The C Programming Language, Second Edition, Prentice Hall, 1988
- Class home page:
- Class message board:
Autolab message board
- This is the only message board your instructors will be monitoring.
We will not be using the Andrew or Blackboard message boards for this course.