From: owner-support@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-support@dieboldes.com] On Behalf Of Mark Earley
Sent: January 23, 2003 4:31 PM
To: Support
Subject: AVOS/TS blended system uploads

With the new ADA requirements facing our OS customers, they will likely be knocking on our door to purchase TS units to compliment their existing OS systems with one TS unit in each precinct - coexisting with the OS units in a blended system. While there are some problems with programming such a system (namely needing to have another Vote Center category created for the TS units), these are hurdles that can be managed (I guess they can - does anyone have thoughts on this?). My bigger concern is handling the uploading of both TS and OS results via modem into the GEMS server.

What are the known issues relating to upload? I know that TS uses RAS while OS uses regular serial com ports, thus the need for separate modem banks. Can GEMS receive modem uploads from both OS and TS units at the same time? Has this been tested in any kind of a medium to large scale test? Does anyone have any experience with receiving both TS and OS modem uploads?

Thanks.

Mark

Mark Earley

850 422-2100 - office/fax