Re: restoring a bad pcmcia card

thanks for the info -  hopefully we will not need to put it into practice but good to have anyway.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 9:48 AM
Subject: RE: restoring a bad pcmcia card

Tari,

The customer was practicing with an offline election, a demo, I had them create 2 cards, and delete election from first to get an archive that could be restored to the second card. The live election was restored by doing the following:

Download SAME Machine memory card from GEMS - note new copy #
Insert newly created memory card, go to Election Archives
Select appropriate election on the top pane - location must be main.
Check boxes to show all directories, all machines
Select from below the appropriate, mid,copy, election.brs file that has results, a backup, click restore.

In addition we edited the vote center and added a new card, this card was used in the original machine to continue the voting process.
This step isn't absolutely necessary but does give the county a cleaner audit trail.
jwh