RE: charging indicator on R6 running 4-3-9

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com] On Behalf Of Talbot Iredale
Sent:
Friday, June 28, 2002 10:31 AM
To: support@gesn.com
Subject: Re: charging indicator on R6 running
4-3-9

I had a long discussion with Ian yesterday on how the system determines battery status.  I will try to summarize how the system works.

The first issue that one must understand is that it is not possible to determine the battery life when a battery is being charged. Only by putting a battery under a load can the life of a battery be determined.

Not possible?  I don’t understand this on its face.  The unit is normally plugged in.  If the battery is at 10% and plugged in, then one would expect the charge indicator to slowly increase.  I assume this is the case?

If what is at issue here is simply the fact that the reported battery status is inaccurate and will always be inaccurate, lets document this fact so people know what to expect.  If it is possible to increase the accuracy, then lets fix it and tell people the timeframe for this to happen.

Ken