Re: PCC (fka Poll Book) Questions

Ken, has any thought been given to the type of "travel case" these little guys should be transported to and from and/or stored in at the warehouse?  Les
----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Clark
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 11:46 PM
Subject: RE: PCC (fka Poll Book) Questions

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com] On Behalf Of Lesley Thompson
Sent:
Monday, June 10, 2002 7:20 PM

Ken, at one point you talked about an "automatic load."  Is that to get the PCC software onto the Jornada and/or to get the "election specific files" into the PCC-Jornada's FXX folder?

I'm trying to think through the logistics of what all will need to be done to a fleet of Jornadas to turn them into a fleet of PCCs.

Sounds like a PCC-Jornada could actually go to a vote center and get "personalized" in the field.

Well, I think everyone is still bouncing procedures around until a sweet spot is found, but I don’t think you want to load them in the field on election day, if that is what you mean.  You want poll workers doing as little as possible, and you really don’t want them ejecting memory cards from AVTS units to load their PCC.  All IMHO.

If you are pointing out that the logistics of loading 300 PCCs is going to be a pain, I think everyone shares your sentiment.  But it is really the same logistics that you will have to deal with w.r.t. the ballot stations themselves.

Same song, second verse:  any news on the larger footprint NEC MobilePro as it relates to becoming a PCC device?

We got an email from Ken Indorf of CardLogix fame promising to have the problem identified by day’s end, but the follow-up never materialized.  It is just as frustrating for us when the problem is in someone else’s hands.  We’ll keep you posted.  This issue is still on the front burner, insofar as it is in our control.

Les