Re: VIBS Recording

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 9:05 AM
Subject: VIBS Recording

A few questions on VIBS recording:
1. Have we gone to or are we testing the MP3 format for VIBS?
BallotStation 4.3 supports MP3 format.
2. Is the recording done with the GEMS program in the Race Editor, or do you
    record outside of GEMS?
For small elections it is probably easiest to record the audio using the Race Editor.  For larger elections I think most people are recording it outside of GEMS and using the "Import Audio" function.
3.  If outside, is there documentation about how to structure the file names?  I've
    heard several approaches but haven't actually seen it.
I think Nel had put together some documentation on the naming convention used.

Thanks.
Steve Knecht
Diebold Election Systems
415-893-9941 office   415-893-9951 fax