Re: Placer Ballot Box Problems

Correct on the 7.5".  The ESD seems possible given that I was at 6,500 ft on the 2 of 6 units, but Deborah was in LA.  I will look further on Monday.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2002 12:00 PM
Subject: RE: Placer Ballot Box Problems

I assume when you say that only one was over 8.5" that none were under 7.5".  Is that correct?

I mentioned the "nick or scratch" only as something to check.  Let's first find out what is causing the problem, and then we'll make determinations as to resolving the problem.

Perhaps Greg has had the experience of ESD being a problem, I have not.  You might want to further discuss that aspect with Greg directly.

NOTE:  Back before the chute measurement was used, I believe that someone had tried silicone spray (e.g., Armorall) on the chute surface to decrease friction.  I'd not heard if that was a success or not.

Sincerely,

Ian S. Piper
Diebold Election Systems, Inc.