From: Hartzell, Cindy [mailto:Hartzec@diebold.com]
Sent: January 31, 2002 9:57 AM
To: 'support@gesn.com'
Cc: 'ian@gesn.com'; Schmidt, Dan; D'Amico, Thomas; Farou, Addy; Whitaker, Jerry; Radke, Mark; Green, Pat; 'barry@gesn.com'
Subject: AccuVote-TS R6 Support Notification

To Support Staff (Diebold Election Systems) involved with the new AV-TS R6 units,

Allow me to introduce myself as the Customer Satisfaction Manager for North America Manufacturing.  We are located in North Canton, Ohio and have been set up as a customer focused group.   The focus of this group is to initiate proactive actions within North America Manufacturing to achieve promised delivery, expected quality and unit functionality for customer orders.  This includes tracking/monitoring missed/late shipments, resolution of sales order delivery changes/issues, coordination of product issues relative to manufacturing quality, performance and delivery, along with prioritization of sales order issues relative to customer advocacy for defect-free and ontime shipments.

As a communication awareness, recently due to design-related inefficiencies, we have had some new AV-TS R6 units at the manufacturing plant not conform to our testing criterion; we would like your assistance in determining if you or your customers have experienced any of the following symptoms with their new AV-TS R6 units:

- Smart Card Reader light (green) remaining on when the unit is powered off.
- No battery power.
- Smart cards not ejecting completely from the card reader.

The units that have exhibited these symptoms at the manufacturing plant are currently under investigation.

If you come across any field units with these symptoms, please send an email to Ian S. Piper (ian@gesn.com) listing the unit serial number, the symptom experienced, and the unit location (i.e., county name).

We ask that you use discreetness in your responses to your customers.  We have been working diligently to understand the root cause, corrective and preventive actions within Diebold's engineering and manufacturing organizations.  Your help is greatly appreciated as we work together to gather the data and resolve the issues described above.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cindy Hartzell
Customer Satisfaction Manager
North America Manufacturing
330/490-5739; vmail 330/490-5777, x5739