Re: Network Hub for Downloading from GEMS to AVTS units

This is a long standing discussion. That is why we came to the conclusion that EITHER we need to use the AccuVote with self sticking labels (ala AccuVote with same card/printer) or we need to develop a device for same.  We have been asking for a "card burner" with printer capability for mass burning, but have always been told that "we don't want to develop one".  Now the reality of the situation is upon us and in say Alameda's case, our solution is to use $30,000 of AccuVotes, with an ethernet connection that is almost impossible to access easily with the dual eject button and two slots right next to each other.  It is a knuckle cruncher as is, much less doing hundreds in a row on it that way.  Again, we don't have a solution for some of the basic functions that we need.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 6:25 AM
Subject: RE: Network Hub for Downloading from GEMS to AVTS units

Could GEMS support printing labels on a small label printer, say an Eltron 600?  These units would be similar to the ones we tried to used as report printers on the earlier pollbooks.  But if you envision this function, there's a potential problem. When printing multiple labels, how do you figure out which label goes onto which card?

Ian