Re: R6 - Ethernet Connection

Our Keeper of the Rules is of course correct that submission of a bug via phone to Tab is a NO NO.

Had I been in Marin with email access I would have submitted to bugtrack.  However, since Tab was already aware of this bug when I called, I assumed it was reported from some other person in the field by bugtrack already.  If that's not the case, I will submit it to bugtrack as well.

----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Clark
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 3:30 PM
Subject: RE: R6 - Ethernet Connection

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Steve Knecht
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 11:30 AM
I'm wondering if that time is spent mostly in GEMS configuring itself for the download process or in actually downloading data.  Alot of time was spent with the "TSText tranfer" portion of the load.

The performance problems with download are well documented and will be addressed some day.
Also, to configure the R6, at one point Rob needed to access the R6 "desktop" by using a blank "word.doc" file, changed the extention to "word.ins" file.  When inserted into the R6 the "word.ins" file popped up a window allowing access to the desktop.  It was good to know this option is still there at some level, as we needed it to complete the install.

Since you didn't mention it, I assume the reason for having to go to the desktop was to configure the machine's IP address.  This feature will be in 4.2.1.  The .ins bug will be fixed in that release as well.
At the application level (BS4.1.6) the voter card portion of the BS does not handle Vgroup2.  Tab is aware of this and it is being fixed.

It is good to know that Tab is still taking RCR requests by phone.  It is a convenient service I encourage everyone to use.

Ken