Johnson County, KS - Battery Status & Charging

Johnson County, KS has received 6 AVTS units for demonstration purposes.  One of the units says Low for the Battery Status instead of Charging, this unit has been plugged in since they received it, over a week now.  Does this mean that the battery is bad, or that the indication of the battery does not work???

They are in the planning stages of their warehouse, and would like to know what our recommendations are for charging of the AVTS units.  Do the AVTS units need to be plugged in continously???  Can the AVTS units need to be charged on a rotation schedule???  Do the AVTS units need to be charged only 24 hours before an election???

I will be going down to Johnson County, KS on Tuesday for an all paper election, and they would like to know the answers to these questions.

Thanks,
Jeff