R6 Ejecting Mgr Card

I am testing R6 in prep for CA certification next week.  I put in a Mgr. Crd to exit ballot station, typed 1111 and it clicked as if it were going to exit, but didn't pop out.  There is no manual eject I can find.  So I turned unit off, back on and it again clicked as if to reject, and this time came up with a number keypad password type screen. Again I typed in 1111.  This time it popped out.  Does this sound like mechanical problem more than software to you tech folks?  Is there some manual way of ejecting a card if it gets stuck?

Steve Knecht
Global Election Systems
415-893-9941 office   415-893-9951 fax
415-225-6591 cell