RE: VA Cert test

> From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of
> Steve Ricke
>
> The remainder of their 30+ units are IF Model
> "C" readers.  The cost to upgrade these units to VL is substantial and
> should be billed to the customer.

FWIW, my understanding was that this was just one location (ie, one unit).
Upgrading 30+ units is obviously a nonstarter unless the county wants to
foot the bill.

> It would be far more cost effective to reprint the ballots and choose a
> jurisdiction using VL units for GEMS Certification.

My understanding is that they are *already* laid out and printed using GEMS.
No reprint is necessary here.

> 	---The City of Portsmouth bought their units during the production
> transition period from IR to VL readers.  Why model "C"?  The parties
> responsible for that decision are no longer with Global.

Indeed.

Bottom line here appears to be Ian's one sentence reply.  Change locations.

Ken