Re: State of Virginia Red Oval questions

Virginia is using VTS.  Does that have any bearing on your responses in regards to how GEMS handles this.

  To print red ovals with VTS:

1) Select the PSThick printer driver to get thick ovals.

2) When printing, select a form where the ovals are printed on a separate layer.  These details are shown at the bottom of the form selection screen that comes up after you've selected the ballots to be printed. VTS will then generate separate PostScript files for each layer.

3) Instruct the printer to print the ovals layer using an approved red ink.

  I don't believe that we have yet written a printer driver that outputs the color PostScript that Spectrum uses for colored ballots but it wouldn't be difficult to do so (i.e. < a day including testing).

         Guy