Re: Direct phone calls to developers

I understand the purpose of this, and will generally try to comply.  However, this can not be a 100% rule, as sometimes it takes discussion just to understand what you don't know, so you can ask the question.  There are also time constraints at some junctures that just don't allow us to operate this way.  However, I ack the intent and purpose of the memo.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 11:33 AM
Subject: Direct phone calls to developers

To all Support and Sales staff;

    Two items:

    1) Please refrain from making direct phone calls to developers as this dramatically affects there productivity. This is what the support, rcr and bugtrack mail lists are for.  This way all staff are aware of the question and the answer thereby reducing duplicate questions.

    2) Since we are not doing any active development on the AccuVote-OS at this time, Guy Lancasters contract time has been reduced and he is not in the office on a regular basis anymore.  Therefore if there are any question related to the AccuVote-OS they will be addressed by Ken or myself.

Tab