RE: VCProgrammer hooked to a ballot on demand printer

Astute observation.  If you look at the white board in Tab's office, you'd see a design sketch exactly along these lines.

Its also a good way to think about smart cards.  They are ballots created on demand.

Ken

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Greg Forsythe
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 2:16 PM

Just read the VCProgrammer User Guide on the staff web site and thought - If we could hook that up to a small laser printer to do ballot on demand, then only the ballots required would be printed for the election, we could get a reasonable price and totally eliminate the local printing company.  Everything would be the same as the current VCProgrammer except it would print a ballot instead of creating a smart card.

Just a thought.

Greg Forsythe