RE: XML files

Hopefully the answer to your question is "there is no purpose".  Florida's request reminds me of an old Dilbert cartoon:

That said, here is a pretty frightening link.  Just what I need.  Where do these "nonprofit technical consortium" come from, anyway.  I don't know if its related to the Florida request or not.

Ken

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Steve Knecht
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 10:13 AM

John or Ken, given the article Ken indicated to look at, which I thought was pretty informative, why would a county want to use XML?  If XML is designed specifically to allow users the flexibility to implement their own "document types" and we are using simple postscript text type reporting functions, what would be the purpose of using XML?