RE: AccuVote R6 & Cancel Button

In addition add a dialog box, "Are you sure you would like to cancel?", when the CANCEL button is pressed.  This would help eliminate calling for a poll worker when the CANCEL button was pressed unintentionally.

Steve R.
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hintz
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 3:34 PM
To: support@gesn.com
Subject: RE: AccuVote R6 & Cancel Button

You are right  that a voter should have the option of cancelling his/her ballot if they choose too.  So leaving the CANCEL button on the screen and not hidden would be what we want to do.  Having the system come up needing the Poll Worker to intervene with a pin number is a great idea.  However, I think that it might be better if we had the CAST BALLOT button big and in the middle of the screen, and then the REVIEW BALLOT and CANCEL BALLOT buttons off to the sides.  Similar to what we now have on the old software.  That way the voter does not unintentionally touch the CANCEL button, which would reqire an Poll Worker to continually get up and enter the pin number to continue voting.  Just my opinion.