AccuVote R6 & Cancel Button

To all support and sales people;

Everyone in the field that I have spoken to has informed me that the Cancel Button on the Ballot Cast Screen must be hidden from the voters and that cancelling a ballot requires poll worker intervention.  Since these people have run TS elections I must defer to there judgement unless I hear otherwise.

When a ballot is cancelled what should happen to the voter card.  There are three possibilities.

1)    Leave it a lone (i.e. active) so it can be used again.
2)    Erase it as is done when a ballot is cast.
3)    Mark it with a flag to indicate it is cancelled  (this is what the current AVTS unit does). If so what is the reasoning for doing this?

Tab