RE: VoteCard-3-13-9-2

Just a quick follow up to this for the pedantic.  The name of the .hex files has been renamed from R2AE.hex to CM-x-y-z.hex so we can keep track by version better.  When running downldr, use the new name of the hex file.  I have removed the old R2AE.hex file off the ftp site to (hopefully) avoid further confusion.

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Dmitry Papushin
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 11:32 AM
To: support@gesn.com
Subject: Re: VoteCard-3-13-9-2

Attached a little info I put together.

Dmitry

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 10:59 AM
Subject: Fw: VoteCard-3-13-9-2

Alameda Early Voting starts the week of March 17.  We've got to setup and test all 100 units for the election prior to that Monday.  I need answer to this today or tomorrow.  I am documenting and will provide to all project folks once we get this straight.

Ian, are you sending us new 4K cards to use??
Ken or Dmitry or anyone.
  • If so. Do we need the VoteCard 3.13.9.2 (Is this just the .dll?)  Do we need it on AVTS unit, GEMS central machine with brown card burners, and the PC's that run VCProgrammer with early voting?? In which directories on those machines? I will then document this for the project managers that we are training.
  • Can someone tell me whether I can use the Ballot Station 3.13.5.2 that we've got loaded on the machines, if we match up the right GEMS, pollbook, votercard.dll, VCProgrammer, and spyrus revisions?  If I'm using Spyrus with 4K cards, what are the right versions of these programs.
  • Should I be upgrading the Spyrus units to .0.2.4 to work with 4K cards, or do they work at the 0.2.3 level?