RE: GEMS reports versions

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Nel Finberg
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 1:48 PM

As our work involves working with different versions of GEMS, it also means retaining backup folders of corresponding versions of report files and copying the backup into the principal reports folder in order that the correct report files be recognized.  Any ideas on streamlining this process so that we can change reports versions in the same way we vary between GEMS versions?

Yeah, there is.  The idea would be for GEMS to detect a Reports-X-Y folder where X is 1 and Y is the major version number of the GEMS release.  For example, Reports-1-17.  Right now the folder is just called Reports.  Easy enough.

Problem is that this requires a new GEMS version to implement.  Since the whole motivation for this is going back to old versions, that doesn't help much.  I suppose for support purposes, doing an update for 11, 14, 15, and 17-latest would be better than nothing.  You just need to remember to be running the latest for it to work.

Note that this really only effects the plebes in support though, since customers keep to one version.  This one might cost extra.

Ken