From: Jeff Hintz
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 7:37 AM
Subject: RE: Open Primary Option in Gems for AVTS

In the case of an Open Primary using the AVTS system, a poll worker gives a voter a smart card with the correct ballot style, but after the voter inserts their smart card into the AVTS system, the AVTS system will prompt the voter to select which Party they wish to vote.  Similiar to choosing the language.  This needs to be implemented into the software for the AVTS system.