RE: Ballot Box and Accu Vote modifications

Thanks for all of the input.  It gives us needed information to make a decision.

Larry J. Dix

Vice President of Operations

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Larry Dix
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 10:28 AM
To: Support@gesn.com
Subject: Ballot Box and Accu Vote modifications

There has been a recent request to make 2 modifications, one to the ballot box and one to the Accu Vote.  They are:

1.                  Cut a hole in the front of the ballot box to allow access to the yes and no button with out unlocking and opening the front panel.

2.                  Cut an opening in the top of the Accu Vote printer cover that would allow the paper tape to feed out the top of the Accu Vote with out unlocking and removing the printer cover.

I would like to get your input on these 2 requests immediately.  I would like to know if you are aware of any legal, security, or problematic issues that these requests might raise.  Can you give me any reason or state statute that would prohibit this from being acceptable in the states that you are familiar with.  I realize that this will raise questions from a manufacturing point of view, put I need your input from a support point of view.

Thank you

Larry J. Dix

Vice President of Operations

Global Election Systems