From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: November 06, 2000 6:45 PM
To: support@gesn.com
Subject: RE: Central Count

If the message is "BLANK CARD FEED" as opposed to "REJECT_BLANKCARD", then yep I've seen it before.  Reader not calibrating.  Out of our (ie, Global software development) control.  As to why it does that, you'd need to ask Luc[r]id Technology.  At $700 a pop, you would think they could fix this.

Either that or the ballots are not properly consecrated.  You might send a sample to our priest so he can tell you how many thousands of an inch out of spec they are.

If you swap machines for a few years, you might settle into some golden units that don't exhibit the behavior as often.  I believe that is how Pima mitigated the problem.

Ken