Re: acrobat

Let's see, we charge anywhere from $25,000 to $125,000 for GEMS in our proposals.  We need to be able to do the electronic pdf files.  All of our GEMS clients pretty much need to do this.  Therefore we should be including the pdfwriter driver in with our distribution.  If we can get the driver itself, great.  If we have to buy the entire Acrobat license to get it that's ok too, realizing that the product in which it is imbedded may cost $250 - $400 or something like that.   Not doing it is costing us more than $250 helping the customer get the product themselves and helping them install it.

I would suggest you tell us (sales) how much the product is, begin including it immediately as a standard part of our install release, and let the sales people charge for this in their configuration portions of the proposal.  This is not a big deal.  Sales will charge whatever you tell us for the product cost to get it into our install.  Done.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2000 3:41 PM
Subject: acrobat

it might be worth discussing with the sales team if you should configure the cost of Acrobat into your RFP's with all the requests we are getting to pint the SOVC in pdf format... unless we decide to include the PDF writer into gems

just a thought
Tari Runyan
Global Election Systems, Inc
trglobal@earthlink.net