Marin Electronic Ballot Station

We are in the middle of early voting on 4 AccuTouch ballot stations in Marin for the Dec. 7 election.  One of the units yesterday booted up, went to the flag page, but does not respond to either a voter card or a manager card.  Is there a cable that comes loose or something in the smart card reader?
Can it be fixed?  What are the procedures for getting the results off the machine if it won't take a manager card to close the election?  Anyone know what to do here?

I have two of three AccuTouch machines broken in Santa Barbara, and now one broken in Marin.  Even if we sell these, their rate of failure eats our lunch.