RE: AVTS Units with software dated 9/14/99

> I received 2 AVTS units to set up for Santa Barbara, CA.  They have AVTS
> software dated 9/14/99,

Refer to the releases by version number.  You can get the version number by
selecting file properties on the exe.  Sounds like you have a 3.9.5
prerelease.

> which appears to ignore the Layout.sty file all
> together.

What setting under GEMS->Setup->AccuVote-TS is broken?

I bet you tried changing the font size on the .sty file.  You are right,
that doen't do anything.  Never has.

> The fonts are much bigger when use this software, compared to
> software dated 9/3/99.

Right.  This was announced on the rcr list.

> Is there a way to change the fonts, other than
> using the Layout.sty file???

The layout.sty file won't help you.

If you want to change the size of the fonts for the races and candidates,
you can do that in the race and candidate dialogs in GEMS.  The TSText
controls the size of the fonts for the buttons ets.  A new directory has
been created with fonts sizes to match the new scaling.  It will be released
along with GEMS 1.12.1 today.  It is safe to use the 1.12 TSText file with
GEMS 1.11;  the only change is to the font size.  Finally, the size of the
font used to draw the jurisdiction title is hard coded.  An official 3.9.5
release will appear shortly with the font size set to match the new scaling
factor.

In GEMS 1.12.1 and TS 3.10.1, the scaling factor can be set in GEMS under
the AccuVote-TS setup dialog, along with all the other layout style
settings.

> Jeff Hintz
> Global Election Systems

I see you still don't have HTML mail working,

Ken