Re: Jet vs. Access

Thank you Ken.  That was very clear.  I always wondered if there was a difference.

But can you tell me what SQL is terms relative to Jet.  I always wondered what advantages there are to SQL over Jet.  And don't tell me they are too numerous to list, just give the simple highlights.

What is GEMS written in?

Does GEMS require a database engine or is it embedded?  If it requires one, is SQL a better engine to run GEMS under or is JET sufficiently capable of handling any of the tasks we throw at it?

Ian