From: Guy Lancaster <glanca@gesn.com>
To: Greg Forsythe <gfglobal@earthlink.net>
Cc: Support <support@gesn.com>
Date: Monday, June 14, 1999 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: AccuVote-OS Upgrade to Firmware Revision PC 2.x AE

What does the customer get from a larger clock chip and PC 2.x AE??
  Most of the version 2 changes are internal and will not be obvious to the user.  This is by design as we wish to continue the proven Accu-Vote features.  Internally much has changed so that we can better provide a number of enhancements including:
  • the use of industry standard TCP protocols to be compatible with modern LANs and the Internet (as with the current Central Count version 2),
  • a totally redesigned memory card format supporting more data on a given memory card, more flexibility in the use of counters, improved throughput with large memory cards, and detection of different memory card versions,
  • and a new ballot identification format better designed to handle GEMS features.
  We'll be running extensive tests internally on this in July and we'll be refining the user interface then.  Look for more information next month.  Any Beta test volunteers out there?

          Guy
--
Guy Lancaster <glanca@gesn.com>
Global Election Systems Inc., Vancouver, BC, Canada