From: Guy Lancaster <glanca@gesn.com>
To: Support <support@gesn.com>
Date: Thursday, April 01, 1999 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: Gems changing from modem to Accu-Vote when downloading and uploading Fw: GEMS software versions

  This problem has been isolated to the US Robotics 56K modems that Ottawa was using.  They have replaced them with older 14.4K modems and it's working fine.

  The symptom is that after the first upload, GEMS identifies the port as an Accu-Vote instead of a modem and the modem is still off hook (OH).  This indicates that the modem has not disconnected (hung up the phone line) after the Accu-Vote hung up and therefore cannot receive a new call.  The modems were apparently using the factory settings which has worked fine with USR modems up to now.

  Is anyone successfully using USR 56K modems with GEMS?  If so, how are they set up?  We need to find this out and share it with everyone.

  Thanks.

                 Guy