Child Districts of 'Jurisdiction Wide'

I do not think it a good idea for GEMS to allow customers to edit the Jurisdiction Wide default district beyond perhaps changing its name.  Certainly, it is hazardous to allow the creation of Child Districts of the Jurisdiction Wide district.  Jefferson County, KY nearly caused themselves some problems by doing this in creating their new master file.  Ideally, customers are trained not to get themselves into such situations, but we do not live in an ideal world.  Could this be changed?  Does anyone else feel differently or have comment?