Re: New software for California Election

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Hintz <jhhintz@worldnet.att.net>
To: Support Team (E-mail) <support@gesn.com>
Date: Saturday, February 13, 1999 10:18 AM
Subject: New software for California Election

>I have just finished loading the newest Gems and Accu-Touch software and
here are my findings and questions.

>Ballot Station
>There is no Disk option any more for Transfer only Network & My Connection.

I will check into this.

>What needs to be running on Gems for the Transfer via Network or Ras to
work??  I have Network & Ras both setup on the Server & Accu-Touch
computers, but when I select either option and try to transfer I get
Couldn't Find Host.  Is there something else that is not defined correctly
on the Server or Accu-Touch??

I am right now trying to get a win95 box and a win nt box setup to determine
exactly what needs to be done to get RAS to work. It means that I must clear
the win95 box of all networking stuff that may confuse the issue.

>The Clear Totals Function works properly, however, maybe there shoud be
some warning before clearing right away.  Also, maybe we want to have a
backup of the last 10 sets before overwriting the first, possibly with date
and time ie: Backup-2-12-99-1-30pm.
>I don't think it is necessary to backup the Database, only the Results and
Audit files.  The Database should be in the Administrators possession, since
it was loaded onto the Accu-Touch machines by them.

I agree with warning before clearing and will get Whitman to do that. I
believe the current clear does backup the files into a backup directory.
This will give you a single set backup.. If you want to keep more than that
why not transfer the results to a diskette before clearing?

>Poll Book
>Nothing happens when I select Transfer under the Options menu.

Again I will chek was whitman put up as to why this does not work.

>Still cannot Import the Election database from the A drive, it needs to
look for A:\My Elections\ under the registry string DefDir.

Okay did not know about this nor about how import works.  Will take a look
at it.

>There is no clear totals function.

Whitman is working on this.

>Jeff Hintz