RE: GEMS Name

I did not see any traffic from sales on this.  I will weigh in from management.  GEMS it is.  No good logical reason to change it.

Larry J. Dix

Vice President of Operations

From: owner-salestalk@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-salestalk@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 3:14 PM
To: Global Sales
Subject: RE: GEMS Name

For what it is worth, or if it helps any with the decision, it is "Global Election Management System".  Global as in comprehensive, universal.  Not Global as in property of GES.

That and DEMS is just a terrible name.  Sound like Democrats.   Sounds like DIMS.  But hey I just write it I don't have to sell it.

I know, lets call it AccuVote-EMS. (snort)

Ken

glob·al (glbl)
adj.

  1. Having the shape of a globe; spherical.
  2. Of, relating to, or involving the entire earth; worldwide: global war; global monetary policies.
  3. Comprehensive; total: “a... global, generalized sense of loss” (Maggie Scarf).
  4. Computer Science. Of or relating to an entire program, document, or file.