RE: RCR-LA-1: Review screen.

Ken - what if you added a button above the arrow and a button below the arrow. Then we could associate it with a TSText rtf file..
Naturally, this would force the Cast Ballot Button to move left ...
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 9:24 AM
To: rcr@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: RCR-LA-1: Review screen.

I have later realized that the “move” text has to be translated into 7 languages, and I am not sure if all translations can be reasonably drawn in the yellow pointy thing.  We might be able to solve that with a bigger arrow.  It is not like there is a lot more (vertical) space below either though.  I am also concerned that the word “move” below is not going to be at all obvious.  I would look at it and say “move what?” and then try to click on it.  Maybe if you could mock something up in paint/photoshop to show us what you really think this should look like, preferably in an asian language.

Either way it will have to be part of a new TSText, and a less trivial change than I had originally anticipated.

To everyone else:  message received on the cast ballot button position.  We’ll move it to the left.  That looses some consistency with the rest of our pages though, which are supposed to have a “back” on the left and “proceed” on the right feel to it.  I don’t like this, but at the same time I can’t really think of a better screen layout either.  We could move the scroll-bar to the left, but that would just encourage wrong-thinking left handed people.