Multi-Lingual support for Optical Scan

RCR:
Ability to automatically generate multilingual ballots for optical scan, similar to AVTS.

Jurisdiction: Alameda County, CA
Date: will need to be available by end of August, 2002 for November General Election.

To date, we have had seperate multi-lingual elections for either touchscreen or optical scan but not both.  Alameda will be the first major jurisdiction to combine both large quanities of deployed AVTS units and optical scan absentee ballots; requiring 3 languages (English, Spanish, Chinese....perhaps additional languages after census results are released).

We already bring in Spanish and Chinese for the AVTS ballot and would like to use this to generate optical scan ballots.

Thanks and take care,

rob chen