RE: Add separate initial instruction text file to VIBS

This is a focus on the final portion of the VIBS WI script. It comes from the attachment of my last email on this topic.
(If this needs to have its own subject, that is fine. At this point I do not know.)

Anyway, the possible voter confusion at this point in the program is very understandable, and I believe something needs to be done to address it.

Starting from when the voter has input the WI name as desired, and is about to follow the prompts to accept it... (blue text identifies my discussion and blue bold my desired changes.)

You have entered D A V E space S M I T H.

To enter letters of the candidate’s name, press keys 2 through 9. Pressing a key multiple times will cycle through the letters assigned to that key. For a space between names, press 1.  These instructions will repeat.

To delete H, press *.

To accept your entries and vote for this write-in candidate, press 0.

This audio repeats in sequence until you press either *, 0, or 2 through 9.

Pressing 0 initiates:

You have chosen to vote for write-in candidate D A V E space S M I T H.

To confirm, press 5.
This will cause confusion later when the 5 key is used to cancel the vote for write-in candidate. Make this be a 0 key press if at all possible.

To continue entering write-in candidate, press 1.

To cancel your write-in vote, press 0.
This causes confusion because up until now (except during the initial entry into the write-in area) pressing 0 has been an affirmation of your previous choices. After this many uses of the 0 key as an affirmation, it gets to be second nature. Now, suddenly and counter-intuitively, it reverts to being a negative and completely deletes all of your letter choices. This is bad after all of the work that has gone into choosing the candidate. An accidental press of the 0 key here is disastrous. Make this be a 5 key press, like the upcoming choice if at all possible.

This audio repeats in sequence until you press either 5, 0, or 1.

Pressing 5 currently initiates:

You have chosen to vote for write-in candidate D A V E space S M I T H.

To cancel your vote for write-in candidate D A V E space S M I T H, press 5.
This is unexpected since just prior to this message, pressing 5 confirms the choice. Now, suddenly and counter-intuitively, it reverts to being a negative and completely deletes all of your letter choices. This is bad after all of the work that has gone into choosing the candidate. An accidental press of the 5 key here is disastrous. To fix, switch the 5 and 0 key options in the previous prompts if possible. This makes the immediately preceding prompt of a negative response being a 5 key fall in line with the current prompt, thus eliminating the unexpected reversal and the potential for thinking that a five here is also a positive choice.

To advance to the next race, press 6.

This audio repeats in sequence until you press either 5, or 6.

Pressing 5 currently deletes your write-in vote. This happened to Jim Kracht. He was very surprised and not happy.

Mark (hoping his decision to leave the subject as is meets with approval)