From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 10:16 AM
To: rcr@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: Puerto Rico Election AccuVote firmware mod requirement

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 8:58 AM

If the pollworker votes the nocount race, it will cause a party crossover and the races on the front will not be counted.  The ballot itself will sort into the write-in bin.

Lets just say its a fun exercise, but I would stick with SOP.

Hmm, one quick follow up to this.   The ballot quantities may not turn out they way they expect with this solution.  Those cards are still "counted" according to the accuvote.  Now, you can still get the numbers out the back end by subtracting the number of pollworker voted from the cards cast, but the reports won't look "right".  Make sure you do a dry run of all this and are happy with it before you promise PR anything.

Ken