Ability to do data entry without the use of the mouse in GEMS.

Jurisidiction:            All Accounts
Date Requested:    April 26, 2001
Date Required:       Before November General Elections

Requested on behalf of Larry Calvert at GBS.  Eliminate the need to use the mouse when entering offices and candidates. You have to switch between the mouse and the keyboard to enter candidates for each office. This slows down the data entry process considerably.

Perhaps we can do all the basic data entry of both Races and Candidates within the Tree View with a hot key, like Insert.  Once you have Race highlighted within the Tree View, you can hit the Insert hot key and up pops a small field just for the Race Title, then you enter in the Race Title, hit enter to save, and then start over with the Insert hot key for the next race.  Once you have all the Races added, you then can select the Race and get into the Properties Window.  As for the Candidates, we could add a Candidate Tree View under each Race that has been added, then do the same procedure for adding candidates with the Insert hot key; and same process as before for Properties Window.

Thanks,

JEFF HINTZ
Global Election Systems