Ken

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 12:55 PM
Posted on behalf of Sherry, Charlie, and company.

Its Texas certification season again, which means log printer requests.  We currently support logging of the poster and accuvote servers via the log printer, but not the user log.  Texas wants to see "everything" logged.

The plan is to combine the user and server logs, and eliminate the Log subdirectory.  This should help with auditing.  The Log subdirectory seems to get deleted at the most inopportune times.  Hopefully we can achieve some other log improvements along the way;  specifically, support for the really long log entries that are currently truncated, and the ability to print a range of log entries.

We hope to have this wrapped up by 1-15-00.

Ken