GEMS 1.17.8 The California mandated 1% manual tally of AVTS ballot images

The current method of sorting out the precinct ballot images in the GEMS
ballot audit will not be practical if we deploy AVTS units of any quantity
in California.

We understand the silliness of printing out an electronic ballot but it is
currently mandated by state law and it does provide everyone involved (SOS,
County and us) with a way to silence the paranoid, X-Files, anti-technology
types.

We will need a quick way, once we have selected the 1% precincts, to hunt
all the AVTS ballot images for that precinct, uploaded to the GEMS database,
and print those images for the manual tally.

take care,

rob chen