RE: AVTS - Write-In text under the write-in line

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hintz
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 4:31 PM

I am currently programming a trial election for Mahoning County, Ohio.  Underneath their write-in lines for the Presidential race, they have the text For President under the first line, and For Vice President under the second line.  know that currently on our AVTS software the Write-In text is defined under the TSText language folders.  I would like the software to bring in the text that we can define within Gems.

There are two issues at play here.  One is to download the write-in text, which is planned.  The other is to handle multiple write-in text objects.  In GEMS you can define the write-in by-line text, but only one text object per "candidate".  Even if the race is multiple-spaced on paper, you only see the text on the first line.  You'll need to elaborate on how you would like to see multiple lines handled, bearing in mind that a single text object can have multiple lines, and commonly does for the english/spanish artwork.
Again this is for their November election.

Unreasonable.

Ken