Imation Drive Identifier assignment by NT4.0

Request for change to Ballot Station / Poll Book

Research on the Imation drive assignment problem, using a newly purchased lot of drives, running NT4.0, has revealed that
incorrect drive assignments are occurring in the following scenario:
When the drive has a 120MB media installed the assignment is that of the last removable drive in the Ide chain.
This only occurs with 120MB media, 1.44MB floppy's or the absence of any media causes the drive assignment to be A.
    "CMOS settings are both floppy drives set to NONE"

Microsoft and Imation are pointing fingers at each other over this issue.
Both, neither, will address the problem. This information comes from our vendors microsoft support person.

It seems prudent to me if our application took on a little more armor, bullet proofing, and actually searched the drive chain for the Imation drive.

Alternatively the registry "Def Dir" could support multiple drive identifiers.

Jeff Hallmark